LLB, BCJ, University of Canterbury
2018, New Zealand
Louise specialises in statutory liability matters and civil and commercial litigation.
She has appeared in the Court of Appeal, High Court and District Court and has experience representing clients’ in alternative dispute resolution processes.
Louise also advises organisations and individuals that are being investigated and prosecuted under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and Maritime Transport Act 1994. Her experience in this area involves navigating investigations and preparing practical and proactive advice for her clients with the aim to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Appeared as Junior Counsel in the High Court successfully representing a professional rugby league player for proceedings against his former manager for fraud and misappropriation of funds.
- Appeared as Junior Counsel in the High Court and the Court of Appeal defending claims under the Forest and Rural Fires Act 1977 and in tort.
- Representing individuals and entities charged with breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act and Maritime Transport Act.
- Advised a health care provider following a complaint under the Health and Disability Commissioner Act 1994.
- Member of Canterbury Women's Legal Association.