BA, MA, Jesus College, University of Cambridge
2012, England and Wales; 2017, New Zealand
Luke specialises in corporate and securities law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions.
He advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including private mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures, reorganisations and capital raisings. Luke also counsels clients on regulatory matters, including issues arising under the overseas investment regime and the Takeovers Code.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in 2015, Luke worked for global law firm White & Case in their London and Johannesburg offices. In London and Johannesburg, he advised on a broad range of international and domestic transactions, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and cross-border reorganisations.
Luke is recognised as a rising star by NZ Lawyer 2021.
- Advised AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3.3b.
- Advised ANZ Bank on its sale of OnePath Life for $700m to specialist global insurer Cigna Corporation.
- Acted for Mercury on the unincorporated joint venture full takeover offer with Infratil to acquire Tilt Renewables, which resulted in 20% and 65% holdings.
- Assisted Trilogy International on its sale to CITIC Capital Partners for $205m.
- Advised New Zealand Superannuation Fund on its 41.1% investment in licensed insurer Fidelity Life.
- Acted for Higgins Group Holdings on its sale to NZX and ASX-listed Fletcher Building for $315m.