LLM, University of Auckland; LLB, Victoria University of Wellington; BA, University of Canterbury
2007, New Zealand
Matt is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in securities and financial markets law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and regulatory issues.
He has broad corporate transactional experience, including private mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and schemes of arrangement, and public listings. He also assists business founders and investors with shareholder arrangements, limited partnerships, joint venture agreements and establishing employee share schemes.
Matt has considerable experience with financial markets legislation and is recognised in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific rankings for Investment Funds advice in New Zealand. He has advised issuers, investors, supervisors and other financial service providers, particularly in connection with wholesale capital raising activities and regulatory matters.
- Advising Arvida on the acquisition of the Arena Living portfolio of six retirement villages
- Advising Oceania Healthcare on the acquisition of the Remuera Rise and Bream Bay retirement villages
- Advising the majority shareholders of Seed Force Limited on the sale of their shares to RAGT Semances of France.
- Advising property developers and property syndication providers on wholesale capital raising activities.
- Advising a significant shareholder in Ethique Limited in relation a share sale to a private equity investor.
- Advising MIE Pay Limited on its public listing on the National Stock Exchange of Australia.
- Advising Finaccess Capital on the partial takeover of NZX-listed Restaurant Brands New Zealand.
- Advising an Australian agricultural business on a prospective NZX listing.