LLB (Hons), University of Auckland
2015, New Zealand
Specialising in construction and major projects, Meika advises a range of clients including lenders, government entities and council, power and renewable energy companies, developers, contractors and publicly listed companies.
She has expertise across an extensive range of construction project contracts, including NZS and FIDIC standard form construction contracts, EPC contracts, supply agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, consultancy agreements, and other project agreements and documentation for residential and commercial developments.
Meika also has experience advising on and assisting with project contracts in relation to project financing.
- Worked closely with Auckland International Airport on its Terminal Integration Project, including drafting various construction, operation and maintenance contracts and other ancillary project contracts.
- Helped Hutt City Council with drafting contract and tender documentation in relation to its landfill services procurement.
- Assisted the Ministry of Health on its health facility construction programme, including assisting with drafting for construction contracts and ancillary project documentation for the new Dunedin Hospital project.
- Provided advice to Mercury on various commercial issues relating to its power plant assets.
- Helped Eastland with a supply contract for one of its geothermal power plant assets.
- Member of the Society of Construction Law New Zealand.
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association.