LLB, BCom, Victoria University of Wellington
2020, New Zealand
Mitchell specialises in corporate and commercial law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity investments, and corporate governance.
He advises clients across a variety of industries on a wide range of corporate matters and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, legal due diligence, employee share schemes, overseas investments, and general corporate governance.
- Assisting Morrison with the $200m sale of five infrastructure assets from its Public Infrastructure Partners portfolio to London-listed investment company International Public Partnerships (INPP).
- Assisting the shareholders of Kāpura, formerly Wellington Hospitality Group, with the sale of Kāpura to DB Breweries’ newly established Star Hospitality Group.
- Assisting a Crown-owned company with the structuring and establishment of joint ventures for various construction and infrastructure projects.
- Assisting a global asset manager with the conduct and management of its employee equity arrangements.
- Assisting a New Zealand project management firm with the sale and purchase of a 50% equity interest in its business.
- Advising clients, including listed companies, on requirements under the Overseas Investment Act.