Specialising in front-end commercial, transactional and regulatory advice, Penelope has a focus on telecommunications, regulated industries and infrastructure delivery.
She has particular experience advising telcos and utilities on end-to-end supply arrangements, from new product development, commercial contracting and procurement, through to regulatory approvals and dispute management. She also has specific expertise in environmental regulatory matters.
Originally an Australian lawyer, Penelope brings more than eight years’ experience working on complex Australian infrastructure projects, and is also an experienced drafter and general commercial advisor with broad in-house experience.
- Advising a major telco on COVID-19 emergency response measures and obtaining regulatory authorisations.
- Advising a large infrastructure consortia on a regulatory approvals strategy for major project delivery.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial supply arrangements for new telco and technology product trials.
- Due diligence and strategic advice on regulatory issues for a number of complex M&A deals.
- Representation of clients at public inquiries and Royal Commissions and responding to regulatory notices.