Specialising in front-end commercial, transactional and regulatory advice, Penelope’s practice is focused on regulated sectors and infrastructure delivery.
Penelope is an experienced advisor of regulated industries, including telecommunications, energy and electricity sectors.
She assists clients with a wide range of matters, including regulatory approvals and compliance, stakeholder and dispute management, emergency response and disaster recovery. She also provides advice on overseas investment, competition law and environmental regulation.
Originally an Australian lawyer, Penelope brings more than eight years’ experience working on complex infrastructure, energy and technology projects. She is an experienced drafter and general commercial advisor with broad in-house and private practice experience, and a proven track record of successfully obtaining regulatory approvals and defending enforcement actions for her clients.
- Advising Transpower on the development and implementation of its new transmission pricing methodology.
- Assisting electricity sector clients respond to regulatory investigations, enforcement proceedings and law reform.
- Advising on COVID-19 and emergency response measures, including expedited approval processes, industry collaborations and disaster response.
- Overseas investment, competition law advice and due diligence for M&A deals.
- Advising a large infrastructure consortium on regulatory approval strategies and contracting arrangements for major project delivery.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial supply arrangements for new telecommunications and technology product trials.
- Representating of clients before public inquiries including market studies, Royal Commissions and public inquiries.
- Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association.