Specialising in front-end commercial, transactional and regulatory advice, Penelope’s practice is focused on regulated sectors and infrastructure delivery.
She has particular experience in telecommunications and energy, advising on new product development, supply arrangements, regulatory approvals and dispute management. She is also experienced in environmental regulatory and public law matters.
Originally an Australian lawyer, Penelope brings more than eight years’ experience working on complex Australian infrastructure, energy and technology projects, and is also an experienced drafter and general commercial advisor with broad in-house experience. Penelope has a proven track record successfully obtaining regulatory approvals and defending enforcement actions for her clients. She also advises in relation to overseas investment approvals.
- Supporting a major telco on COVID-19 emergency response measures and obtaining regulatory clearances.
- Advising a large infrastructure consortia on a regulatory approvals for major project delivery.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial supply arrangements for new telecommunications and technology product trials.
- Due diligence and strategic advice on regulatory issues for a number of complex M&A deals, including overseas investment clearances.
- Representation of clients before public inquiries, Royal Commissions and regulatory agencies, and input on public law reform.
- Advising on New Zealand transmission pricing and input methodology regulations.