BCom and LLB (Hons), University of Canterbury
Ryan specialises in corporate and commercial law.
He advises clients across a wide range of industries on company and securities law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, commercial contracting, construction and general commercial law.
- Acted for Gough Group on aspects of the sale of its CAT and transport businesses to Sime Darby for $211m.
- Advised US and UK-based companies on the purchase of New Zealand-based software companies.
- Acted for Axflow Holding AB on aspects of its purchase of Brown Brothers/Kelair, distributors of displacement and centrifugal pumps.
- Advised SLI Systems on the 2018 takeover offer by ESW Holdings Inc.
- Advised Kathmandu Holdings on the 2015 takeover offer by Briscoes Group for all of the shares in Kathmandu.