LLB, BCom, University of Auckland
2018, New Zealand
Tom is experienced in debt capital markets issuances, corporate lending and structured finance, including sustainable finance.
He regularly advises issuers, trustees and arrangers on a broad range of capital market transactions by corporate, supranational, semi-government and agency issuers. Tom also has experience acting for lending syndicates and borrowers on a variety of transactions, from property and acquisition financing to developing sustainable debt programmes.
- Helping solarZero establish an innovative debt facility with New Zealand Green Investment Finance to fund the installation of solar panels on schools throughout New Zealand.
- Advising corporate issuers on their wholesale and retail bond issuances, including Arvida Group on its inaugural NZ$125m retail bond.
- Advised Precinct Properties on its offer of NZ$175m six year green bonds made under its Sustainable Debt Framework.
- Assisted Centuria Capital on the debt funding for its healthcare, industrial and property funds, and its NZ$178m acquisition of the Visy Glass bottle manufacturing and distribution facility.
- Advised NZ Super Fund and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on its acquisition of New Zealand pathology business APHG, valued at approximately NZ$550m.
- Advising on Kauri bond programmes and issuances for IFC, AIIB, NIB, MuniFin, Rentenbank and KBN, including Nederlandse Waterschapsbank (NWB Bank) on its NZ$250m five year SDG Housing Bonds.
- Advising non-bank lenders on their securitisation programmes and New Zealand lending regulations.
- Member of the Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand (INFINZ).