Specialising in corporate and commercial law, Tracy works with clients in the private and public sectors.
Tracy advises on corporate structuring, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, general company law and in a range of commercial projects.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Tracy worked in the corporate practices of DLA Piper Hong Kong and Wellington, where she was part of the firm’s Asia mergers and acquisitions team. Before that, she worked for Fangda Partners in Shanghai where she assisted international clients investing in and establishing businesses in China. Her experience in cross-border transactions and knowledge of the Hong Kong/China regulatory markets means that she is well placed to help organisations with business across Asia Pacific.
- Acting for New Zealand Post on its divestment of a 47% shareholding in Kiwi Group Holdings, the holding company for the Kiwibank group of financial services businesses, to the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Accident Compensation Corporation, including the establishment of joint governance arrangements.
- Assisting Ōtākaro in its establishment as a Crown-owned company, and the acquisition and funding of the Christchurch Regeneration Anchor Projects from the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority.
- Acting for Tessera Capital on its investment in Wellington Hospitality Group, including joint shareholding arrangements.
- Advising Cabrini Health, an Australian not-for-profit health service, on its acquisition from the Wairarapa District Health Board of Biomedical Services New Zealand.
- Assisting AATS Group (SkyBus) on its acquisition of the entire interest of Airbus Holdings and its subsidiary Airbus Express.
- Advising Wellington Water on its shareholder restructuring and responsibilities as a joint council owned, shared service organisation.