Vonda advises clients on all aspects of employment law and health and safety.
She assists a number of the firm’s key clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, and has represented clients in the Employment Court, Employment Relations Authority and in mediation with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Vonda has a keen interest in employment investigations and has carried out a number of independent investigations into conduct and culture issues.
Vonda also has experience in assisting clients to manage their health and safety risks by providing compliance advice and training. She also has experience in assisting employers with health and safety investigations and responding to prosecutions by WorkSafe.
Vonda was a senior solicitor at Chapman Tripp from 2013 to 2015 and recently re-joined after three years in London where she was in the Employment team of major US law firm, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Advised large New Zealand and multi-national corporates on the introduction of COVID-19 workplace policies and vaccination policies, including advising through the risk assessment and consultation requirements.
- Advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, redundancy, personal grievances, disciplinary processes, senior management employment agreements and incentive scheme.
- Acted as counsel for clients in matters before the Employment Relations Authority including drafting statements of problem and statements in reply.
- Drafted submissions on behalf of clients and the firm in response to the Holidays Act Taskforce’s issue paper regarding changes to the Holidays Act 2003.
- Advised clients on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions.
- Advised clients on health and safety initiatives and compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.