Marie advises clients on a wide variety of commercial disputes, specialising in employment law and health and safety. She works with a number of the firm’s key clients, many of whom are large employers.
With a broad range of general commercial experience, Marie can provide practical advice relevant to the clients’ commercial objectives. She helps clients manage employment and health and safety risks through compliance advice and training, and has spoken at a number of conferences on both employment and health and safety.
Marie assists clients on the full range of employment and health and safety matters, including in relation to Covid-related matters. She has advised clients on issues regarding the wage subsidy, force majeure, holiday pay obligations, health and safety requirements and vaccinations. Marie has also represented clients in numerous mediations and hearings, has experience in acting for employers on health and safety investigations and prosecutions and works alongside clients to help them understand their obligations under the health and safety regime.
She is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 and as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
- Advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, Holiday Act claims, disciplinary processes, workplace stress, restructuring, redundancy and grievances.
- Advised clients on Covid-related matters including the wage subsidy, obligations under the Holidays Act, force majeure, restructurings, as well as workplace settings and measures under the different alert levels.
- Advised on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions and mergers.
- Appeared in various employment proceedings such as mediations, Authority hearings and Employment Court cases.
- Advised on health and safety-related matters, including on Covid-related measures, workplace vaccinations, investigations into health and safety-related incidents and acting for clients in many health and safety-related prosecutions (both insured and uninsured).
- Involved frequently in matters requiring negotiation with union representatives.
- Provided training sessions to managers and senior leaders within organisations on both employment and health and safety matters.