BA, LLB, University of Auckland
2018, New Zealand
Specialising in employment law and health and safety, Tanzam advises clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
She has worked on a range of employment law matters, with a particular interest in disputes and litigation. Tanzam regularly attends mediation with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and has appeared before the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court.
Tanzam also advises clients on their health and safety obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. She has acted for employers in health and safety investigations and prosecutions.
Outside of employment disputes, she performs ongoing advisory work for a number of the firm’s key clients including advising on restructures, disciplinary investigations and performance management processes.
Tanzam is recognised as a future leading lawyer in Doyles Guide: Employment and Workplace Health and Safety Rising Stars 2022.
- Assisted clients in carrying out workplace investigations and disciplinary procedures.
- Acted for organisations on health and safety matters, including WorkSafe prosecutions and coronial inquests.
- Advised employers on Holidays Act compliance matters including remediation.
- Advised on the employment aspects of commercial acquisitions and mergers.
- Assisted a large multi-national company in defending a precedent-setting case regarding employee status.
- Advised large New Zealand employers on a number of COVID-related matters, including workplace health and safety policies, Holidays Act obligations and restructures.