Workplace Watch is an occasional publication tracking legislative and regulatory reform in relation to workplace law.
In this issue we look at:
- the Employment Court’s clarification on the statutory requirements for availability provisions
- recent Employment Court decisions on reinstatement and good faith
- the Triangular Employment amendments, which have passed their final hurdle in Parliament and are awaiting Royal Assent
- clarification from the court on reparation payments in health and safety cases
- review of recent decisions of the Australian courts including the first jail sentence for a health and safety breach in Victoria.