Bachelor of Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours, University of Canterbury
2020, New Zealand
Specialising in litigation, dispute resolution, and environmental and resource management matters, Kirsty advises clients on a wide range of legal and strategic matters.
Kirsty specialises in resource management matters including RMA consenting, designations, district and regional planning, appeals and enforcement. Kirsty has appeared as counsel at Council, Environment Court, District Court and High Court level.
Kirsty has also worked on a number of more general litigation matters, including negligence claims and contractual disputes. Kirsty focuses on a practical results-based view, working closely with clients to understand what they require.
- Acting for various clients on a broad range of consenting projects.
- Representing individuals and entities charged with regulatory offences, including under the Resource Management Act, Animal Welfare Act, National Animal Identification and Tracing Act, and Animal Products Act.
- Assisting various irrigation scheme, farming and industrial clients in regional planning processes relating to nutrients and water.
- Assisting in environmental aspects of commercial due diligence work for both purchasers and vendors.
- Advising a range of clients on broader civil litigation matters.
- Member of the Resource Management Law Association.
- Member of the Canterbury Women's Legal Association.