BA, LLB (Hons), University of Canterbury
2004, New Zealand
Since starting at Chapman Tripp in 2004, Sarah has advised banks and corporations on compliance with New Zealand’s consumer credit law regime.
Sarah has in-depth knowledge of the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act (CCCFA), Fair Trading Act and conduct and culture issues. Her experience means that banks, corporates and crown entities call on her for assistance in establishing new lending products, as well as advice on a range of issues in the general banking, corporate finance, and securitisation fields.
- Worked with various New Zealand banks on their CCCFA, conduct and unfair contract terms compliance obligations.
- Worked with a New Zealand bank to establish new credit and debit card products.
- Worked with various lenders to establish new lending products.
- Advised New Zealand banks on the implications and implementation of the reforms of the CCCFA.
- Assisted ASB on the update of its EMTN programme and issuances under that programme.
- Acted for Orion New Zealand on its funding arrangements.