LLB (Hons), BA, University of Otago
2012, New Zealand
Advising on a broad range of banking transactions, Hayden has a particular focus on corporate and property finance.
Prior to Chapman Tripp, Hayden worked in leading law firms in London and Jersey where he advised clients on a wide variety of financing transactions, specialising in cross-border real estate financing. He can help clients navigate local legal requirements and co-ordinate multiple jurisdictions in global transactions.
- Advised borrowers and bank syndicates on syndicated and bilateral facilities and refinancing transactions.
- Assisted property developers, including Willis Bond and Todd Property Group, with their development facilities.
- Advised on local and cross-border acquisition funding transactions, including Moa Group on the debt financing for its acquisition of Savor Group.
- Advising Eastland Group on its syndicated bank facilities and PGF financing, including the financing of Eastland Generation’s acquisition of the TOPP1 geothermal plant.
- Advising Mercury on its financing arrangements for the acquisition of Tilt Renewables Limited’s New Zealand assets, operations and future development options.
- Advising Arvida on its syndicated bank facilities including the financing of its acquisition of Arena Living.
- Advising Precinct Properties on its syndicated bank facilities and the debt financing of its partnership with Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC.
- Advising BNZ and Westpac as lenders on the refinance of Aotearoa Fisheries and adoption of new club lending arrangements.