Leigh advises clients on commercial and financing aspects of projects, specialising in large infrastructure projects. She also advises borrowers and lenders on property finance arrangements and general lending arrangements, including refinancing and acquisition financing.
With hands-on expertise in public private partnerships (PPP), Leigh has advised Government on all of the New Zealand PPP projects to date - including the Auckland South Corrections Facility at Wiri, Transmission Gully Motorway, Pūhoi to Warkworth Motorway and the Schools PPP 2 and PPP 3 projects. She also has ongoing roles on some of the PPP projects and has acted for equity participants in the sale of their equity investments.
Before Chapman Tripp, Leigh worked for another major New Zealand law firm for 10 years. She also worked for "magic circle" firm Slaughter and May from 2008 to 2012, advising clients on restructurings and financing arrangements.
- Various vendors on the sale of their equity investments in New Zealand PPP Projects, including the sale of the equity investments in Auckland South Corrections Facility – this is the first sale of equity in a New Zealand PPP.
- Crown Infrastructure Partners on a peer review of the structure and documents for the Milldale transaction.
- Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment in relation to the hosting arrangements for the 36th America's Cup.
- the Earthquake Commission on its guarantee arrangements with the Crown.
- Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on the procurement of the Transmission Gully Motorway and the Pūhoi to Warkworth Motorway, using the PPP model, and doing ongoing work on the PPP.
- Ministry of Education on the Hobsonville Schools project, the Schools PPP 2 project and the Schools PPP 3 project.
- Department of Corrections on the Auckland South Corrections Facility at Wiri PPP project and the Auckland Prison Redevelopment PPP project based at Paremoremo.
- Senior and mezzanine financiers on financing arrangements with a particular focus on commercial property financing for both investment and development facilities.
- Large infrastructure companies and a large commercial property company on all aspects of their lending arrangements, including financing arrangements for NZX listings and acquisitions.
- Committee member of Women in Infrastructure.