Experienced in all aspects of domestic and international bank and capital market fundraising, Mark advises on project and asset financing and cross-border transactions.
He has a particular interest in the energy, infrastructure and telecommunications sectors and has advised clients across a range of commercial and financial matters. He regularly acts for financial institutions and corporate borrowers on debt capital markets and other funding transactions.
Known in the market for his experience across public and private sector agencies, he is regularly asked to advise on complex and novel projects and transactions, including major infrastructure projects.
Mark is recognised as a Band 1 lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 and as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 for his banking and finance expertise. Mark is also recognised as a notable practitioner by IFLR1000 2022.
- Advised the government on its $900m support package for Air New Zealand.
- Led the team that advised Southern Cross Cables on the project financing and construction of its SX NEXT undersea fibre optic cable connecting New Zealand, Australia and the US.
- Advised Westpac on the project financing of two gas-fired power stations for Todd Corporation.
- Acted for Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment on funding out of the $3b Provincial Growth Fund.
- Worked with Crown Irrigation on all aspects of its investment programme including investments in the Central Plains Irrigation Scheme and the Waimea Community Dam.
- Lead adviser for Chorus on all aspects of its fund raising programme including bank facilities, retail bond programme, EMTN programme and government UFB funding provided by Crown Infrastructure Partners.