Emma specialises in finance law, including from a sustainability perspective. She has a broad client base including banks, corporates and other entities.
With particular experience in acquisition finance and debt capital markets, Emma regularly advises a wide range of clients in those areas. Her experience also includes advising on project finance transactions, syndicated and bilateral bank financing, structured finance transactions, ISDA agreements, consumer finance law and personal property securities issues.
Emma is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 and as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023.
- Advised ANZ on New Zealand's first sustainability-linked loan (to Synlait Milk).
- Assisted multiple corporate and bank issuers with bond issuances, including Z Energy, Christchurch International Airport and ASB Bank.
- Advised Powerco on its full suite of financing matters, including bank facilities and capital markets transactions.
- Acted for Z Energy on the funding of its $785m acquisition of Chevron New Zealand's downstream operations in New Zealand.
- Advised the syndicate of lenders to Canada's Public Sector Pension Investment Board on funding the acquisition of AMP Capital Property Portfolio's assets in New Zealand, worth in excess of $1b.
- Advised major New Zealand banks on issues relating to the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act and Fair Trading Act.
- Technical Working Group member of the Aotearoa Circle Sustainable Finance Forum.
- Director of the Banking and Financial Services Law Association.
- Institute of Financial Professionals New Zealand.