LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington
2017, New Zealand
Specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, Sarah has particular experience in the financial services, telecommunications and building industries.
Sarah has appeared in the High Court and District Court in a range of matters varying in scale from complex class action litigation to regulatory appeal matters.
Aside from commercial litigation, Sarah also advises clients on various legal issues including contractual interpretation matters and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting James Hardie in weathertight homes and building product liability litigation, including in its successful defence of a large class action in the High Court.
- Successfully represented Chorus in a High Court claim alleging misuse of confidential information and breaches of the Fair Trading Act and fiduciary duty.
- Advising Chorus on regulatory and contractual matters, particularly on compliance with the regulatory framework in the Telecommunications Act 2001.
- Advising Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency with regulatory compliance and assisting with its regulatory appeals in the District Court.
- Assisting Paymark Limited (now Worldline NZ) in a High Court claim alleging anti-competitive conduct under the Commerce Act which ultimately resulted in successful resolution by settlement.