Annabel specialises in environmental and resource management law and represents a range of clients across a variety of development processes, local authority hearings and court proceedings.
Annabel has appeared as counsel in local authority, Environment Court and High Court proceedings, as well as representing clients at mediations and other informal negotiations.
She enjoys the diverse challenges that arise in the resource management context, getting to know what drives her clients and providing strategic advice that identifies opportunities, risks and effective solutions.
- Acting for a major commercial landowner on a redevelopment consenting project and subsequent judicial review proceeding.
- Advising airport operators on district and regional plan reviews, resource consenting and noise contour protection issues.
- Assisting a major supermarket owner and operator to obtain resource consents for several new developments and in relation to plan review processes.
- Assisting local authorities across the country in appeal, judicial review and enforcement proceedings.
- Providing specialist resource management advice to a Government inquiry, including assisting with the preparation of the report and recommendations.
- Member of the Resource Management Law Association.