With extensive experience in project management for environmental consenting of large developments, Catherine provides advice on all levels of resource consenting, designation and plan change processes.
Catherine predominantly advises clients in utilities and transport infrastructure, industrial processes, residential community development, mining and electricity generation.
Catherine is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and Chambers Global 2020.
- Advised on the establishment, maintenance and operation of renewable energy assets (hydro, wind and geothermal).
- Advised airports on their designations and plan changes for airport activities including establishing runways and taxiways, new terminal facilities, new aviation precincts and noise controls.
- Provided specialist advice on mining activities (consenting, renewing and compliance issues) on land and in the coastal marine area.
- Advised operators of municipal and industrial landfills, including consenting, consent renewal and compliance issues.
- Provided specialist advice to parties subject to actual or threatened enforcement action including enforcement orders, abatement notices and prosecution.
- Advised on establishment and consenting of major planned residential and retirement villages, via plan changes and resource consents.
- Member of the Resource Management Law Association.