Speak to our experts
Green bonds, sustainability-linked loans, impact investment, and responsible or ethical investment – are all on a growth trajectory in New Zealand. Our latest publication, Investing for Impact – Trends & Insights 2022 features articles across a number of focus areas for sustainable finance in New Zealand.
We are still a 'not-so-fast' follower in global terms for sustainable finance, but there is significant cause for optimism about the market’s growth capacity – particularly in light of the Government’s commitment in the first Emissions Reduction Plan, to grow the sector in order to provide "capital and investment in every part of the economy".
- an overview of what is happening in the sustainable bonds and sustainability linked loans markets, and a guide to how to best use each format
- impact investment and the contribution it is making to our society, including the incorporation of te ao Māori values and perspectives
- the new energy building around sustainability in funds management
- how ESG reporting is a moving target, and how Russia’s invasion of the Ukraine has caused a rethink in the EU, and
- how climate-related disclosure can be an effective general business resilience tool to manage a wide range of risks if used with commitment.