A corporate and commercial law specialist, Greer provides structuring and general commercial advice for a range of clients including iwi entities and charities.
Greer advises clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters including general contracting, governance advice and structuring generally, with a particular emphasis on the use, documentation and establishment of limited partnerships.
Her expertise in limited partnerships developed from work she did early in her career, assisting in the preparation of the independent expert report to the Commerce Select Committee on the Limited Partnerships Bill and a subsequent chapter on limited partnerships for the Laws of New Zealand.
With her expertise in limited partnerships, Greer regularly presents on the topic at conferences and events including being one of the lecturers of the iwi corporate governance and corporate transactions courses taught at The University of Auckland Law School.
She is a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture, and plays a key role in maintaining the firm's relationship with BLAKE (formerly Sir Peter Blake Trust).
- Advised Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation on various private equity, investment, joint venture and governance matters.
- Helped a large New Zealand corporate on its shipping and logistics arrangements, including joint ventures.
- Advised AMP on various transactions including its merger with AXA Asia Pacific Holdings and the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life, as well as general contracting and governance matters.
- Worked with Waikato-Tainui Te Kauhanganui Incorporated, including helping with governance issues.
- Assisted various iwi entities and charities on structuring, governance, charitable and public benefit issues.
- Advised LanzaTech on its recent capital raisings including its US$60m capital raising, awarded "Cap Raise of the Year" in Biofuels Digest's Advanced Bioeconomy Awards for 2015.