Greer is corporate and commercial law specialist, with particular expertise in complex fund structuring. She provides structuring and general commercial advice for a range of clients including institutional investors, iwi entities and charities.
In March 2021, Greer was appointed as the firm's Community Director. She is a key catalyst for driving our community strategy forward and plays a key role in maintaining our relationship with our community partners.
Greer advises clients on a range of matters including general contracting, joint venture establishment, governance advice and structuring, with a particular emphasis on the use, documentation and establishment of limited partnerships. She has advised on the establishment of, or investment into, multiple private equity, venture capital and impact funds.
Her expertise in limited partnerships developed early in her career, where Greer assisted in the preparation of the independent expert report to the Commerce Select Committee on the Limited Partnerships Bill and a subsequent chapter on limited partnerships for the Laws of New Zealand.
Greer regularly presents on the topic of limited partnerships at conferences and events. She is one of the lecturers of the iwi corporate governance and corporate transactions courses taught at The University of Auckland Law School. Greer is also a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture.
- Advised Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation on various private equity, investment, joint venture and governance matters.
- Advised on the establishment of, and participation of cornerstone investors in, multiple private equity, venture capital and impact funds.
- Helped a large New Zealand corporate on its shipping and logistics arrangements, including joint ventures.
- Advised AMP on various transactions including its merger with AXA Asia Pacific Holdings and the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life, as well as general contracting and governance matters.
- Worked with Waikato-Tainui Te Kauhanganui Incorporated, including helping with governance issues.
- Assisted various iwi entities and charities on structuring, governance, charitable and public benefit issues.
- Advised LanzaTech on its recent capital raisings including its US$60m capital raising, awarded "Cap Raise of the Year" in Biofuels Digest's Advanced Bioeconomy Awards for 2015.