Ground Cover is a quarterly publication tracking legislative and regulatory reform in resource management, local government, planning and construction law.
In this issue we look at:
- the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Act and what level of policy stability we can expect to flow from it
- the review of the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), including the Climate Change Response (Emissions Trading Reform) Amendment Bill and the regulations the Government proposes to support the new ETS regime
- the Government’s plans to accelerate the shift to renewable energy
- the proposed new landfill levy structure
- the issues and options paper from the Review Panel tasked with producing recommendations to improve the resource management system, and
- the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment on what he sees as “huge gaps” in New Zealand’s environmental data collation and knowledge and on the dangers of continued strong tourism growth.