Mark specialises in all aspects of property law, including development, acquisitions, disposals, syndications, leasing and infrastructure.
With extensive experience across large development projects; Mark acts for a wide range of clients including development companies, institutional investors, charitable trusts, infrastructure companies and major corporates on a wide variety of property transactions. He also has experience acting for overseas investors in New Zealand.
Mark is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and as a leading real estate and construction lawyer by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Acted for Blackstone on its acquisition of a portfolio of seven Auckland office buildings from Goodman and GIC for $635m.
- Advised the QT Lakeview Partnership (consisting of 94 Feet and Augusta) in connection with the negotiation of a development agreement with Queenstown Lakes District Council for a $1b development of the Lakeview Precinct.
- Acted for Augusta on all of its major property acquisitions and developments since its formation, including the development of the Radisson Collection Hotel in Queenstown, the purchase of the Albany Lifestyle Centre for $90m from Argosy, and the purchase and funding of the Mercury office development in Newmarket for $143m.
- Assisted Fletcher with the negotiation of development agreements with Tamaki Regeneration Company, Hobsonville Land Company, and Kāinga-Ora, as well as the property development aspects of a new factory in Tauriko for Fletcher subsidiary Winstone Wallboards.
- Acted for Hengyi on all property aspects of its 57-storey Pacifica development in Auckland.
- Worked with Panuku Development Auckland on all development aspects of the $1b Wynyard Central precinct, including negotiating development agreements and ground leases with Orams, Precinct Properties, Willis Bond, Fu Wah and the Auckland Theatre Company.