LLB(Hons)/BMS, University of Waikato
2006, New Zealand
Specialising in all aspects of property law, Andrea can help clients with developments, acquisitions, disposals, leasing and property related insolvency matters, including mortgagee and receivership sales.
Andrea advises on the acquisition, disposal and development of land and significant commercial properties for a variety of uses, including industrial, retail and office uses. Her extensive leasing experience working on behalf of both landlords and tenants means that she understands what is important to both parties. She also has a wealth of expertise in portfolio acquisitions and is well placed to help clients purchasing a range of property types.
Prior to re-joining Chapman Tripp at the beginning of 2020, Andrea spent several years working in the property team of a magic circle law firm in London. This provided her with exposure to a wide range of high-value real estate transactions.
- Acting for Tauranga Crossing Limited in relation to its existing shopping centre and the ongoing development and leasing of the adjacent Lifestyle Centre, including the sale of part of the Lifestyle Centre for $44m.
- Acting for Property Income Fund (a new investment fund established by Willis Bond) in relation to the acquisition of a variety of properties.
- Acting for Property For Industry on various acquisition, disposal and leasing matters, including design build agreements to lease.
- Working with Calibre Partners on various receiverships, including the Claymark receivership.
- Advising Mercury on the property aspects of its recent acquisition of Tilt Renewables.
- Member of the Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society.
- Member of the Property Council of New Zealand.