BSc, LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington
2018, New Zealand
Isla brings a range of civil and criminal litigation and arbitration experience to her practice as a member of our Dispute Resolution team.
She advises on civil and commercial disputes and judicial review, with a particular interest in data analysis to assist the resolution of complex claims. Isla also has experience working on shareholder claims, trust disputes, product liability claims, employment law and a wide range of contract interpretation matters.
Isla brings a practical perspective to court matters from her previous role as a Judges Clerk in the High Court in Wellington, which allows her to support her clients in considering how to present their case most effectively.
- Assisted New Zealand Steel on the judicial review of a decision by the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, not to impose duties on certain steel products imported from China.
- Assisted L&M Coal Holdings Limited in a recent contractual dispute appealed to the New Zealand Supreme Court.
- Assisted James Hardie in relation to weathertight homes litigation and building product liability.
- Assisted in advising an investment fund about ethical investment in ESG considerations.
- Acting for a client in a major international commercial arbitration.