Laura advises clients on a broad range of contentious corporate and regulatory breach issues, as well as on complex breach of contract or tort claims.
Specialising in the conduct of complex commercial litigation, Laura has represented clients in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court and has acted in numerous alternative dispute resolution forums. She has particular expertise in class actions, administrative law claims, and securities and financial services matters relating to director or corporate liability and insurance.
Laura began her career as a judges’ clerk at the Supreme Court of New Zealand before completing post graduate studies at the University of Oxford.
She is recognised as a next generation lawyer by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 and in The Legal 500’s Arbitration Powerlist 2022 - Australasia Region.
- Lead counsel in the High Court and Court of Appeal in a successful defence of a complex Fair Trading Act and breach of contract claim.
- Appearing in a series of high-profile judicial review claims in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Managing large-scale multiple class action claim defences on behalf of an NYSE-listed client.
- Advising on contentious aspects of large-scale corporate insolvency, including on director duty and insurance issues, as well as on pre-judgment asset protection proceedings.
- Acting on various successful schemes of arrangement, as well as advising clients in a range of industries on securities and regulatory matters.