Laura advises clients on a broad range of commercial disputes, including corporate and regulatory matters, as well as general contract and tort issues.
Specialising in the conduct of complex commercial litigation, Laura has represented clients in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court and has acted in alternative dispute resolution forums. She has particular expertise in contentious private and public law, including insurance disputes, directors’ liability claims, construction disputes and administrative law claims.
Laura began her career as a judges’ clerk at the Supreme Court of New Zealand before completing post graduate studies at the University of Oxford.
Recognised as a next generation lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020.
- Acted in high profile litigation against directors of failed finance companies.
- Acted for various iwi governance entities in judicial review claims.
- Advised and acted for Hollywood studios on a range of matters, including in pre-judgment asset protection proceedings.
- Advised on various contentious aspects of large scale corporate insolvency.
- Acted on a range of contentious intellectual property matters.
- Advised on high-value product liability disputes.