Grace specialises in working with clients on complex legal issues and disputes.
She advises private and public sector clients on a broad range of matters with particular expertise in disputes and other areas of legal risk involving insurance, maritime, corporate governance, and contractual and statutory interpretation.
Grace's skills include managing complex multi-disciplinary matters and working closely with clients to provide advice that responds to their specific commercial, operational and policy context.
- Advising various clients on insurance matters and litigation, including issues around director and officers liability insurance, building damage and business interruption.
- Representing a major international shipping company on a number of proceedings (including a current test case involving potential liability for delayed cargo delivery).
- Acting on a series of large litigation matters, including a class action, regarding construction materials product liability.
- Acting on Fair Trading Act litigation regarding alleged misleading advertising.
- Acting for an intervener in a judicial review regarding local government rating decisions in the Supreme Court.
- Member of New Zealand Insurance Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Maritime Law Association of Australia and New Zealand.