LLB (Hons), BA, University of Otago
2018, New Zealand
Advising on a wide range of commercial disputes and non-contentious work, Jared has a particular focus on regulatory matters and international law.
Jared has appeared in the District Court as sole counsel, and in the High Court as junior counsel. He has significant experience advising clients across various industries and contexts, including telecommunications, construction, transport, human rights, tort law and competition and regulation.
Jared has a particular abiding interest in public and private international law. He has published in the New Zealand Yearbook of International Law.
- Acted for James Hardie in its successful defence of two leaky building class action claims.
- Successfully acted on the first recognition proceedings of an international investment (ICSID) award before the New Zealand courts.
- Acted on climate change-related tort law claims filed against multiple New Zealand defendants.
- Provided advice on ESG and international human rights law risks.
- Advised and acted for Chorus in relation to telecommunications regulation and the implementation of the new regulatory framework for fibre services.
- Advised and acted for Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on regulatory matters, including appearing in the District Court in defence of its regulatory decisions.