LLB (1st Class Hons), Victoria University of Wellington
2014, New Zealand
Specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, Richard advises clients on a range of matters in relation to insurance, construction disputes and statutory liabilities.
Skilled at providing counsel in situations where disputes are ongoing, Richard provides consistent and reasoned advice throughout lengthy disputes.
- Acted on numerous litigation claims arising out of the Canterbury Earthquakes.
- Acted for Fire and Emergency New Zealand on the cost recovery for various rural fires.
- Advised a Crown entity on its insurance entitlements in a large construction dispute.
- Represented a gas company in a long-running dispute relating to gas processing entitlements.
- Advised a telecommunications company on its insurance cover.
- Advised fisheries industry bodies in relation to various statutory interpretation questions.