Richard is an experienced commercial litigator, specialising in construction and insurance matters.
He has particular experience in product liability claims, insurance and contractual disputes, and statutory liability claims. Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2016, Richard worked at boutique litigation firm in Wellington.
- Representing James Hardie in significant weathertightness litigation claims, including appearing as counsel in a lengthy High Court trial.
- Advising a District Health Board on issues related to procurement of significant construction works.
- Acting for an insurer on numerous litigation claims arising out of the Canterbury Earthquakes.
- Acting for Fire and Emergency New Zealand in relation to recovery of costs for various rural fires.
- Representing a gas company in a long-running dispute relating to gas processing entitlements, arising out of a prior arbitral award.
- Member of the Society of Construction Law.