Specialising in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, Liora works with corporate and private clients throughout the country.
Liora advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, including contractual and tort claims, defamation and privacy issues, and regulatory matters.
After beginning her career at Chapman Tripp as a law clerk in 2014, in 2018 she completed her Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne, where she focused on civil procedure and alternative dispute resolution.
- Assisted in an international arbitration between multinational corporations on a significant product liability and trade practices claim.
- Acted for companies to resolve and defend regulatory inquiries and investigations including immigration, health and safety, privacy and official information matters.
- Acted for PGG Wrightson in obtaining Court orders approving a scheme of arrangement under Part 15 of the Companies Act 1993, to give effect to a capital return to shareholders.
- Acted for used car retail business, Buy Right Cars, successfully defending a High Court application for ancillary orders to a prospective freezing order.
- Acted for Southern Cross Hospitals, successfully defending a novel application by a medical practitioner for non-party discovery of confidential credentialing documents.
- Advised media organisations and individuals on defamation issues, including pre-publication vetting and defamation proceedings.