LLB (First Class Hons), BA, University of Canterbury; LLM, University of Melbourne
2014, New Zealand
Liora specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, advising companies on complex disputes and significant transactions.
She frequently acts on contract and tort claims, defamation and privacy issues, and regulatory matters. She represents and advises companies and trusts on Court approval of substantial acquisitions and restructures.
Liora’s Master of Laws focused on civil procedure and alternative dispute resolution, and with that expertise she assists clients to navigate resolution processes both in and out of Court.
Liora has completed secondments for two large New Zealand businesses, where she provided in-house legal support on a range of commercial matters. She gained an interest in business strategy and governance during her two-year term as an Intern Trustee with the Royal New Zealand Ballet, as part of the Institute of Directors’ Future Directors programme.
- Acted for Metlifecare in its dispute over Asia Pacific Village Group’s (owned by EQT Infrastructure IV fund) purported termination of an agreement to acquire the Metlifecare business, and in the subsequent proceeding obtaining Court orders to give effect to the NZ$1.3b acquisition.
- Represented Turners Automotive Group in successfully defending a breach of contract claim brought by the former owner of the Buy Right Cars business.
- Acted for the Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust in obtaining High Court approval to implement a significant restructure.
- Acting in a litigation-funded class action on building product liability.
- Assisted Mercury to obtain Court orders enabling its acquisition of Tilt Renewables’ New Zealand subsidiaries.
- Assisted in an international arbitration between multinational corporations on a significant product liability and trade practices claim.
- Advised companies to resolve and defend regulatory investigations and prosecutions, including privacy, official information, immigration and health and safety matters.
- Advised media organisations and individuals on defamation and privacy issues.
- Member of the Institute of Directors.
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers Association.
- Member of Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ).