Brad has wide ranging experience in mergers and acquisitions and transactional matters, and is also a leading financial services regulatory adviser.
Brad has extensive experience advising on M&A and other transactional matters, including advising domestic and offshore clients on acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures, restructurings and a range of other investment/commercial matters.
He is also at the forefront of Chapman Tripp's Financial Services Regulatory practice. In that role, Brad has particular expertise in the regulatory environment for banks and other major financial services market participants, including financial services regulation, funds management, licensing, custody and anti-money laundering. He regularly advises a range of clients on compliance issues and regulator engagement.
- Advising Pacific Radiology Group on all aspects of its strategic sale of a majority stake to Infratil (implied enterprise value at the time of acquisition of NZ$867m) to form the RHCNZ Group.
- Advising RHCNZ Group on the two subsequent acquisitions of Auckland Radiology Group and Bay Radiology.
- Advising FNZ on its acquisition of the Hatch online share trading platform.
- Advising Jensen Hughes on its acquisition of Crossfire, the New Zealand fire safety consultancy business.
- Advising Tama, an Israeli kibbutz enterprise, on its acquisition of the Donaghy Crop Packaging, Agpac and Plasback businesses.
- Advising Sanford on the sale of its spiny rock lobster quota in two fisheries management areas to the Fiordland Lobster Company.
- Advising New Zealand Guardian Trust in relation to the transfer of Macquarie Asset Management’s retail and wholesale funds to Mercer and on NZX’s acquisition of QuayStreet Asset Management from Craigs Investment Partners.
- Advising on various foreign investments, both for New Zealand and cross-border deals including the acquisition of Eaton Industries by Danfoss and the proposed Cigna/Anthem merger.
Financial services regulation
- Advising a range of financial market participants on their market services licence applications, including assistance with the application content and liaison with the FMA
- Advising Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ) on the application for an AML/CFT exemption for tax transfers, including the launch of judicial review proceedings and the ultimately successful obtaining of an industry exemption.
- Advising on liaising with regulators for clients facing with regulatory issues.
- Advising a range of financial institutions (including banks) on regulatory change, including advocacy and the design and implementation of compliance regimes to address the new requirements.
- Advising domestic and offshore providers on the regulatory requirements for the payments, credit card and stored value sector in New Zealand.
- Advised a range of financial sector participants on new fund establishment, including a range of innovative wholesale funds.