Joshua specialises in corporate and securities law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and overseas investment.
He has particular experience in private equity, having acted for domestic and offshore sponsors on numerous acquisitions and divestments over the last decade.
Alongside his private equity focus, Joshua has extensive experience in the technology space, acting for a range of offshore purchasers and domestic vendors.
After several years at leading New York firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore, he re-joined Chapman Tripp in 2011.
Joshua is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific 2022, Chambers Global 2022 and Legal 500 2022.
- Waterman Capital on numerous private equity-related transactions, including Academic Colleges Group, Manuka Health, My Food Bag, Canopy Healthcare, PBT and Fusion5
- Pacific Equity Partners portfolio company, UP Education, on the sale of its ACG Education division to Inspired Education
- Rubicon Technology Partners, a US-based private equity firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software companies, on its majority investment in Cin7, a specialist in cloud-based inventory management software and point-of-sale solutions
- Unimarket, a leading eProcurement supplier, on its majority growth investment by Accel-KKR
- Roam Creative, a leading digital consultancy, on its acquisition by projekt202, a division of Amdocs
- a major multinational on its acquisition of a significant livestock technology business
- Datamars SA on its acquisitions of Simcro, a market leader in livestock pharmaceutical delivery devices, and the retail solutions and milk meters businesses of Tru-Test, a leading agricultural technology business
- French company B2A, a leader in automation and robotics, on its acquisition of Glidepath, a New Zealand company at the forefront of airport baggage handling solutions
- PGG Wrightson on the $421m sale of its seeds business to Danish company DLF Seeds.
- Council member of New Zealand Private Capital.
- Member of the New York Bar.