Roger specialises in corporate and securities law. He advises on public market mergers and acquisitions, equity capital market transactions, business reorganisations, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
Consistently ranked as a leading individual by independent legal directories, he is recognised as a Band 1 lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 and Chambers Global 2020. Roger is also highly regarded in capital markets by IFLR1000 2020, and is recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
- NZX-listed Precinct on its $250m innovative placement and supersized share purchase plan retail equity capital raising, and NZX and ASX-listed Oceania on its acquisition of Waterford on the Park and associated $100m placement and supersized share purchase plan equity capital raising
- NZX-listed Savor on the sale of Moa Brewing Company, acquisition of Amano and Matua Road Farms businesses, and associated rights issue
- Les Mills International Limited on the acquisition of an 18% strategic investment by the Accident Compensation Corporation
- the underwriters of SKYCITY’s equity raising responding to COVID-19 through an underwritten placement of $180m placement, and a follow-on $50m share purchase plan
- Me Today on its listing on the NZX Main Board through a reverse listing transaction, the first equity issuer listing on NZX in 2020, and Me Today’s $26m acquisition of King Honey and associated $15.75m equity raising in June 2021
- Metlifecare on its $1.3b scheme of arrangement with Asia Pacific Village Group, owned by EQT Infrastructure IV fund
- Vector on the sale of its Kapuni gas treatment plant and related assets to Todd Petroleum Mining
- Arvida Group on its $180m acquisition of a portfolio of retirement villages from Sanderson Group, and Arvida’s associated $80m rights issue, and all of its prior acquisitions and equity raising transactions.
- Member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand.
- Member of Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand.
- Executive of the Listed Companies Association.