Alex is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity capital markets transactions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate restructuring projects and corporate governance.
Prior to returning to New Zealand in 2020, Alex worked in London, UK and São Paulo, Brazil for eight years, including six years with magic circle firm Clifford Chance and two years as an independent legal consultant working on M&A and capital markets projects in Africa.
- Advising Pepper Money on its acquisition of the NZ$1.4b prime residential mortgage portfolio from HSBC New Zealand.
- Advised Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on its NZ$900m acquisition of Spark New Zealand’s mobile towers business.
- Advised Z Energy on the $2b takeover by Ampol by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advised Mercury on the $441m acquisition of the Trustpower retail business.
- Advised Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the StraitNZ business including Bluebridge ferries.
- Advised the shareholders of PF Olsen on the sale of a 44% interest to Quayside Holdings
- Advised ezyVet on the sale of its business to US-based IDEXX Laboratories.