Alex is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity capital markets transactions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate restructuring projects and corporate governance.
Prior to returning to New Zealand in 2020, Alex worked in London, UK and São Paulo, Brazil for eight years, including six years with magic circle firm Clifford Chance and two years as an independent legal consultant working on M&A and capital markets projects in Africa.
- Advised ezyVet the sale of its business to US-based IDEXX Laboratories.
- Advised Oceania Healthcare on its $100m capital raise and acquisition of the premium retirement village, Waterford at Hobsonville Point.
- Advised the independent directors of Precinct Properties New Zealand on the $215m internalisation of its management arrangements.
- Advised 360 Capital on the acquisition of a 50% interest in property funds manager PMG Property Funds Management.
- Advised Les Mills International on the acquisition of an 18% strategic investment by the Accident Compensation Corporation.
- Advised the owner of a New Zealand SaaS businesses on the sale to a Canadian buyer.
- Acted for two institutions on the establishment of new investment funds.
- Advised various NZX-listed and unlisted companies on their long term incentive schemes for senior management, including performance rights schemes, option schemes and employee share purchase programmes.