Alex is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity capital markets transactions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate restructuring projects and corporate governance.
Prior to returning to New Zealand in 2020, Alex worked in London, UK and São Paulo, Brazil for eight years, including six years with magic circle firm Clifford Chance and two years as an independent legal consultant working on M&A and capital markets projects in Africa.
- Advised telecommunications company Millicom International Cellular on the IPO of Helios Towers Africa, merger of Tigo Tanzania with Zantel and the sale of Tigo Chad.
- Acted for FTSE 100 event business Informa on the £4b takeover of UBM.
- Acted for UK challenger bank CYBG on the £1.7b takeover of Virgin Money.
- Acted for Imagination Technologies on its takeover by Canyon Bridge and the disposal of its MIPS CPU business to Tallwood Venture Capital.
- Acted for Kellogg Company on its R$1.38b acquisition of Brazilian food production business Parati.
- Acted for private equity firm Apax Partners on the acquisition of IT services company EVRY ASA.