Tim specialises in cross-border and financial services mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He advises international and domestic clients on M&A, takeovers, schemes of arrangement and initial public offerings.
Tim's clients include listed and unlisted corporates, private equity funds and inbound investors.
He heads the firm’s China Desk, advising Chinese and international clients on investment matters, including obtaining Overseas Investment Office approvals.
Tim is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 and Chambers Global 2020. He is also highly regarded by IFLR1000 2023, and recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023.
- Mercury (NZX: MCY) on the acquisition of Trustpower’s (NZX: TPW) retail business, including electricity and gas supply, broadband and mobile phone services (NZ$441m)
- Partners Life (a leading NZ life insurer) on its acquisition of BNZ Bank’s life insurance business and entry into a long term referral/distribution arrangement
- NZ Super Fund on its acquisition of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group from Healthscope
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3b
- Shell on the sale of its New Zealand upstream oil and gas operations to Vienna-based OMV for $794m.
- Former council member of the New Zealand Private Capital.