Tim specialises in cross-border and financial services mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He advises international and domestic clients on M&A, takeovers, schemes of arrangement and initial public offerings.
Tim's clients include listed and unlisted corporates, private equity funds and inbound investors.
He leads our national Corporate team and co-heads the firm’s China Desk, advising Chinese and international clients on investment matters, including obtaining Overseas Investment Office approvals.
Tim is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 and Chambers Global 2020. He is also highly regarded by IFLR1000 2022, and recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023.
- Mercury (NZX: MCY) on the acquisition of Trustpower’s (NZX: TPW) retail business, including electricity and gas supply, broadband and mobile phone services (NZ$441m)
- Partners Life (a leading NZ life insurer) on its acquisition of BNZ Bank’s life insurance business and entry into a long term referral/distribution arrangement
- NZ Super Fund on its acquisition of Asia Pacific Healthcare Group from Healthscope
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3b
- Shell on the sale of its New Zealand upstream oil and gas operations to Vienna-based OMV for $794m.
- Former council member of the New Zealand Private Capital.