BA LLB (Hons), University of Auckland
2006, New Zealand
Jeremy has expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital and information and communications technology. His particular focus on angel investment means he is well placed to help start-up companies.
He advises clients on a range of matters including structuring and establishing venture capital funds, sale and purchase agreements, limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements and other commercial contracts.
During Jeremy's career he has been seconded to Bayer and Westpac, where he gained a detailed understanding of how large companies operate and what they expect from their legal advisors. This enables him to provide legal advice that is practical and commercially focused.
- Advised Direct Capital on its investment in Mondiale Freight Services and the sale of Hiway Group.
- Advised the Queensland Investment Corporation in relation to its acquisition of the Evolution Healthcare Group.
- Advised Chubb in relation to its US$5.36b acquisition of Cigna’s Asia-Pacific A&H and Life insurance businesses.
- Assisted B2A Technology SAS with its acquisition of Glidepath Systems.
- Advised New Zealand Growth Capital Partners on its:
- investment in various venture capital funds, including MOVAC Fund 3 LP, GRC SinoGreen Fund III, LP and GD1 Fund II, LP
- co-investment partnerships entered into by its Aspire Fund and co-investments in over 100 early stage companies
- exits from various portfolio companies
- issues with fund managers, co-investment partners and investee companies.
- Advised Augusta Capital on the takeover of Augusta by Centuria Capital.
- Advised ANZ Bank New Zealand on its sale of OnePath Life for $700m to Cigna Corporation.
- Advised the founders of grocery chain Farro Fresh in relation to the investment by Waterman Private Capital.
- New Zealand Private Capital.