Jeremy has expertise in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital and information and communications technology. His particular focus on angel investment means he is well placed to help start-up companies.
He advises clients on a range of matters including structuring and establishing venture capital funds, sale and purchase agreements, limited partnership agreements, joint venture agreements and other commercial contracts.
During Jeremy's career he has been seconded to Bayer and Westpac, where he gained a detailed understanding of how large companies operate and what they expect from their legal advisors. This enables him to provide legal advice that is practical and commercially focused.
- Advised Direct Capital on its investment in Mondiale Freight Services and the sale of Hiway Group.
- Worked with Pencarrow Private Equity on the sale of Brewgroup to Jacobs Douwe Egberts and the sale of Icebreaker to VF Corporation.
- Advised San Francisco-based venture capital fund Founders Fund on a recent investment in a New Zealand portfolio company.
- Assisted B2A Technology SAS with its acquisition of Glidepath Systems.
- Advised New Zealand Growth Capital Partners on its:
- investment in various venture capital funds, including MOVAC Fund 3 LP, GRC SinoGreen Fund III, LP and GD1 Fund II, LP
- co-investment partnerships entered into by its Aspire Fund and co-investments in over 100 early stage companies
- exits from various portfolio companies
- issues with fund managers, co-investment partners and investee companies.
- Advised Augusta Capital on the takeover of Augusta by Centuria Capital.
- Advised ANZ Bank New Zealand on its sale of OnePath Life for $700m to Cigna Corporation.
- New Zealand Private Capital.