Rachel specialises in corporate and securities law with particular expertise in equity capital markets, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and corporate governance.
With a reputation for ensuring complex and involved processes run smoothly, Rachel has acted on many of New Zealand's most significant recent initial public offerings (IPOs), NZX listings and other equity capital markets transactions. She has also worked on a range of public and private M&A transactions.
Rachel is recognised as a Rising Star by independent legal directory IFLR1000 2020 and as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 and by Chambers Global 2020.
- Acting for Deutsche Craigs and Goldman Sachs as joint lead managers of the $234m Napier Port IPO.
- Advising Kathmandu on its $145m accelerated rights offer to partially fund the $368m acquisition of Rip Curl.
- Acting for Fonterra on the sale of its iconic ice cream business, Tip Top, to global ice cream manufacturer Froneri for $380m.
- Assisting Mercury on the sale of its smart-metering business, Metrix, to intelliHUB Group for $270m.
Acting for New Zealand King Salmon and Direct Capital on the $77.5m IPO and NZX Main Board and ASX listing of New Zealand King Salmon.
Key roles on the New Zealand Government’s Mixed Ownership Model programme transactions: Acting for Treasury on the $733m IPO and NZX and ASX listing of Genesis Energy, and for Mighty River Power (now Mercury) on its $1.68b IPO and NZX and ASX listing.
- NZ Markets Disciplinary Tribunal.
- Sole legal representative on FMA and NZX convened Capital Markets 2029 Steering Committee.
- INFINZ (Cert).