Tom specialises in corporate and securities law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, and private equity.
He advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions including private M&A, takeovers and capital raisings. Tom also has experience assisting clients with regulatory matters, including under the Overseas Investment Act, and corporate governance matters.
Tom re-joined Chapman Tripp in 2021 after a period working in London for the leading US law firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
- Pacific Equity Partners and its portfolio company, UP Education, on the sale of its ACG Education division to Inspired Education
- Cerberus Capital Management and its portfolio company, My Money Group, in the signing of a memorandum of understanding relating to the proposed acquisition of HSBC Continental Europe’s retail banking in France
- PGG Wrightson on the sale of its seeds business to Danish company DLF Seeds
- First Gas on its acquisition of the Ahuroa gas storage facility from Contact Energy
- Beach Energy on its acquisition of Origin Energy’s conventional upstream oil and gas business, Lattice Energy
- affiliates of BNP Paribas as major shareholders in the initial public offering of Allfunds Group on Euronext Amsterdam
- Goldman Sachs, the largest shareholder in ReNew Power, in ReNew’s public listing on Nasdaq through a business combination with RMG Acquisition Corporation II.