LLB, BA, University of Otago
2016, New Zealand
Sam is a litigator specialising in civil, commercial and statutory liability matters.
He has broad experience in litigation and dispute resolution and has represented clients in courts, tribunals and alternative dispute resolution.
With expertise in civil and commercial disputes, claims against professionals and statutory liability (health and safety) prosecutions, Sam works to understand the specific needs of each client and provides commercial and pragmatic solutions.
- Defending engineers and lawyers from professional indemnity claims.
- Acting for a major commercial property owner in relation to a multi-million dollar claim regarding defective building repairs.
- Acting for electricity distributors regarding claims in tort for spread of fire.
- Advising companies and insurers regarding Civil Aviation Authority and Maritime New Zealand prosecutions.
- Acting for a prominent New Zealand director in relation to claims of reckless trading.