LLB (Hons – First Class), University of Otago
2020, New Zealand
Xin Yee specialises in civil litigation and dispute resolution.
She has particular interests in contract, tort, property and public disputes and has acted for a wide range of clients, including on complex and large disputes. Xin Yee has appeared as counsel in the High Court.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Xin Yee was a Judge’s Clerk at the Court of Appeal of New Zealand.
- Assisting a client with claims in negligence and Rylands v Fletcher.
- Representing Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu in novel tikanga-based claims in the High Court relating to freshwater, and advising on other matters including judicial review and Waitangi Tribunal proceedings.
- Advising clients on disputes regarding commercial leases, including on misrepresentation.
- Advising clients on disputes regarding commercial sale and purchase agreements, including on warranties and issues affecting settlement.
- Assisting in defending James Hardie in two proceedings regarding building product liability and weathertightness, in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Assisting a high net-worth individual with breach of trust and fiduciary duties claims.
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association (AWLA).
- Member of New Zealand Asian Lawyers (NZAL).