LLB; BCom, University of Otago
2020, New Zealand
Penny has considerable experience advising clients on a variety of complex matters, including commercial leasing, construction contracts, infrastructure property portfolio management and procurement.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Penny gained broad experience working in property and commercial law in Wellington and Christchurch.
- Working closely with Chorus on various issues relating to its extensive infrastructure property portfolio, including advising on statutory rights / obligations, and management of its co-location arrangements.
- Working with Mercury in relation to its hydroelectricity and wind generation sites, including property acquisitions and easement arrangements.
- Advising various private and public entities on commercial leasing, licensing, acquisitions, disposals and related property law issues.
- Advising Connexa on property-related aspects of its acquisition of passive mobile telecommunication towers infrastructure and associated assets from 2degrees in 2022.
- Assisting private entities in relation to property-related aspects of the establishment and acquisition of solar farms.
- Member of Society of Construction Law.
- Member of Infrastructure New Zealand.
- Member of Property Council New Zealand.