LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington
1982, New Zealand
Helen specialises in commercial and public law. During her career, she has acted for a range of public sector clients including numerous Crown entities. She has 30 years’ experience advising on telecommunications matters in New Zealand.
Helen has advised on superannuation and pension matters, including all aspects concerning establishing and operating superannuation schemes (including KiwiSaver), scheme reconstructions and windings up.
Following the September 2010 Canterbury earthquake, Helen’s practice has mainly focused on the Canterbury recovery and rebuild.
Before moving into a consultancy role in 2010, Helen was a partner at Chapman Tripp for 20 years.
- Advising on Crown entity governance issues.
- Advising on all aspects of the Earthquake Commission's (EQC) insurance obligations under the Earthquake Commission Act 1993, including residential building, land and contents cover, reinstatement obligations and claims issues.
- Advising on inter-carrier wholesale and interconnection arrangements.
- Assisting with issues related to the KiwiSaver superannuation regime.
- Advising on all aspects of the establishment and operation of superannuation schemes, scheme reconstructions involving surpluses and windings up.
- Member of the New Zealand Council of Legal Education.