Specialising in corporate and commercial law, Stephanie focuses on intellectual property and privacy.
Stephanie advises clients on a variety of contractual arrangements, and commercial, consumer law, and regulatory issues. She also has a commercial litigation background, and has worked on a number of commercial disputes, including various intellectual property infringement matters.
Prior to returning to Chapman Tripp in 2017, Stephanie worked at BT (formerly British Telecom) in its commercial litigation team. Over the last few years, she has also been seconded to Air New Zealand and AMP, where she provides in-house legal support on a range of commercial matters.
- Assisted a range of clients, including Fonterra and Mercury, with their contractual arrangements including supply agreements, sponsorship agreements and research and development agreements.
- Advised a range of clients on data protection and privacy law compliance, including advising New Zealand companies on complying with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
- Assisted a coalition of food businesses establishing an online retail platform in the Chinese market, including joint venture documents and licensing arrangements.
- Advised a range of vendors and purchasers on intellectual property, data protection, regulatory and information technology aspects of the sale and purchase of businesses. She also represented a photography brand on the sale of its intellectual property assets.
- Acted for clients on a range of product liability matters, including Consumer Guarantees Act issues, product recalls, and defence of a significant product liability claim.
- Assisted a range of clients, including an independent Crown entity, on various trade mark registration and infringement proceedings and the protection of intellectual property rights.