LLB (Hons), BA, University of Otago; LLM, Columbia University
2014, New Zealand
Guy is a transactional lawyer specialising in commercial arrangements with an emphasis on technology and telecommunications projects, intellectual property, procurement, outsourcing, and privacy and data protection.
He returned to Chapman Tripp in 2022 after several years with Allen & Overy LLP in London, where he advised clients on long-term services arrangements in the technology and telecommunications sectors, sale and lease-back of digital infrastructure, satellite procurement, and compliance with the GDPR.
Guy holds a Master of Laws from Columbia University, where he was a Fulbright Scholar.
Guy has advised:
- Liberty Global on its UK£31b deal with Telefónica SA to merge Virgin Media and O2, combining the UK’s second-largest broadband network with its largest mobile network, to create a business serving 46 million video, broadband and mobile subscribers.
- Wind Hellas on the merger of, and long-term service arrangements for, its and Vodafone’s Greek mobile network towers businesses, prior to Vodafone’s initial public offering of its combined European towers business, Vantage Towers.
- A leading global satellite communications provider on the procurement of satellites and associated technology and services.
- A leading telecommunications provider in Southern Africa on the procurement, licensing and implementation of a mobile money platform.
- A multinational telecommunications provider on agreements for the licensing of software and cloud services, and the supply of network equipment.
- A major Greek bank on a long-term agreement for the servicing of a EU€4b portfolio of loans and real estate assets.